1. THE APP AND CLIENTS
Company has developed and solely owns mobile personal finance software applications called “BASIC Agent” and ”Basic Consultant” (“App”, which expression shall include future releases of the App). Company makes the App available for download and use on mobile phones to clients (“Clients”). Downloading and installing the App shall be deemed to constitute sufficient proof that Clients have read, understood and accepted this Policy.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION
“Personal Information” means the Transaction Information as defined in the Terms of Service and includes information that is contained in text messages (that is, SMS) sent by providers of services and/or products (including but not limited to financial institutions, mobile carriers and utility companies) to Clients’ mobile telephone number(s) in connection with one or more transactions across multiple financial accounts (including purchase, payments, billing information and service notifications related thereto). Without limitation, Transaction Information includes:
- Mobile phone numbers of Clients
- Email addresses of Clients
- Partial payment card data only to the extent such card data is disclosed in the said messages
- Information related to the transaction in question including identity of the service or product and the price or fee paid or payable in respect thereof.
3. PURPOSE OF COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Company may collect, store, access and use Personal Information solely to the extent required for Company to enable Clients to utilize the features of the App and to provide better user experience to Clients. Such use shall expressly include sharing the Personal Information with Affiliates and Lenders.
4. USAGE OF GOOGLE ADVERTISING ID
- As per the terms of Google Play Services, the Company shall use the Google advertising ID when available on a device, only for advertising and user analytics purposes. The Company may share this ID with advertising partners only for the purpose of advertising.
- The Company shall not connect the advertising ID to any personally-identifiable information without the explicit consent of Clients. The Company shall abide by reset and “Opt out of Interest-based Advertising” settings of Clients.
5. DATA USE AND PRIVACY
- Some functionality of the App may require the transmission of information provided by the User including user names and passwords, mobile numbers, addresses, e-mail addresses, financial information (such as credit card numbers) or GPS location (“User Information”).
- All information which User provides in connection with the App, Services or these Terms shall be current, true, accurate, supportable and complete. User shall promptly notify BASIC in writing of any changes to such information.
- The User is solely responsible for maintenance of the confidentiality and security of any User Information transmitted from or stored on a device for purposes of the App, for all transactions and other activities undertaken in the User’s name, whether authorized or unauthorized.
- The User agrees to immediately notify BASIC of any unauthorized transactions associated with the App or any other breach of security. To the extent possible under the law, BASIC shall not be responsible for any losses arising out of the loss or theft of User Information transmitted from or stored on a device or from unauthorized or fraudulent transactions associated with the App
- As servers may be located in other jurisdictions your personal data and User Information may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than India. You understand and consent to the transfer of personal data outside India.
6. LAW AND DATA PROTECTION
- BASIC can share your information with government agencies regulated under the law, without obtaining your prior written or verbal consent, in order to receive information for the purpose of verifying identity or detection, investigation, prevention including prosecution, cyber incidents, punishment of offences etc, where disclosure is mandatory to comply with any legal obligations. Any information can be needed to be disclosed with third party by BASIC by any order as per the law for time being in force.
- Unsubscribe In case you are not interested to receive email announcements or other marketing information from our end, then please email your request at info@BASIC.net. It may take us about 10 days for processing your request.
7. PURPOSE OF USER DATA COLLECTION
- BASIC will collect your information and data when you register for an account or use its services or products, visit the site pages or when you enter sweepstakes or promotions as featured on website. On registering with this website, you may be asked for your first name, last name, email address, state and city of residence, gender, and date of birth. You are not anonymous to BASIC.net, once you register and sign at the website.
- You can be asked for your contact number at the time of registration and can be send SMS notifications about the sit’s services to your wireless device. By registering with BASIC.net, you authorize us to send you email and text alerts to you with your login details and other service needs, along with promotional SMSs or emails.
- Your information is used to:
- Administer or carry out obligations of the site in relation to any agreement with our business partners
- Process orders or applications submitted by you
- Respond to queries or requests submitted by you
- Resolve or anticipate problems with any Services supplied to you
- Send you details about special offers or promotions. We may inform you of new products or features. These might be of a third-party offers or products, with which our website has a tie-up or our own offers or products
- Send you , communications, alerts, notices relevant to your use of services or products offered on BASIC
- Improve the website and services provided by BASIC.net. We are authorized to combine details we receive from you with information you receive from third-parties
- Some features on this website or our services shall demand you to give personally identifiable information as state by you under your account section at the website
8. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
Company shall not publish, sell, give on rent, trade or otherwise transfer Personal Information to third parties, except as may be required by law, or pursuant to the order of a court or regulatory authority, or in order for Company to enforce its rights, or as expressly stated by this Policy. In the event Company needs to share Personal Information with third parties, Company shall enter into non-disclosure agreements or equivalent covenants that are, at the least, as protective as the provisions of this Policy.
Company reasonably presumes that Clients who make available Personal Information to Company are doing so out of their own volition. Company does not compel Clients to disclose Personal Information. At any time, Clients may opt not to provide Personal Information by uninstalling the App.
10. CORRECTNESS AND INTEGRITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Company accesses Personal Information as aforesaid from SMS messages on an ‘as is’ basis. Therefore, Company shall not be responsible in any way for the correctness, completeness and integrity of any Personal Information collected hereunder.
Company shall take all reasonable precautions by way of using current industry standard encryption technologies to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
12. AUTHORISATION FOR CONTACT
By registering and/or using www.BASIC.net, you give authority to BASICand its affiliates, partners, representatives etc to:
- Offer you Services for the product you have opted for
- To contact you via email or phone call or SMS
- Provide product knowledge
- Offer promotional offers running on BASICand offers by its associated third parties and business partners
13. LIMIT OF LIABILITY
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Policy or any other terms of service or use applicable as between Company and Clients, Company’s aggregate liability hereunder shall be limited to Rs.1000/- (Rupees One Thousand Only) and shall not extend to any indirect or remote damages whatsoever, including but not limited to special, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages or loss of profits.
For any inquiries and complaints, the following email address may be used: BASIC@BASIC.in. All inquiries and complaints shall be looked into promptly and without charging any fee to the inquirer / complainant.
Company shall always cooperate with regulatory authorities and investigating agencies in India in the matter of treatment of Personal Information.
Company may modify this Policy in its sole discretion at any time. While Company shall make best efforts to notify Clients of any such modification, it shall be Clients’ responsibility to read and understand the Policy as prevalent from time to time. Installation of the App shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of the Policy as amended.
18. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
- Disclosure to Third Party Service Providers and Online Partners: We may contract with various third parties who help us provide, maintain and improve the Website and BASIC Services. For example, we use a third party to process payments made to us, and may subcontract out production, fulfillment, analytics, reporting or other operations. We also contract with several online partners to help us manage, monitor and optimize our Website and the BASIC Services and to measure the effectiveness of our advertising, communications and customer/visitor behavior. We use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent such third parties from disclosing your Personal Information, except for the purpose of providing the services in question. We cannot guarantee that such third parties will not disclose your Personal Information.
- Disclosure of Non-Personal Information: We will disclose Non-Personal Information, in aggregate form, to potential strategic partners, advertisers, investors, customers, and others. You may not opt-out of the sharing of this information. However, such non-personal information cannot be easily used to identify you personally.
- Internet Advertising: We may use third party service providers to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet and sometimes on the Website. They may collect anonymous information about your visits to our Website, and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements for goods and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a web beacon, which is industry standard technology used by most major websites.
- Disclosure to Credit Rating Agencies: To make an improvement in its business and service quality, BASIC may share the personal information of a user with Credit Rating Agencies or as may be directed by any government regulatory/ statutory authority.
19. DATA COLLECTED BY THIRD PARTIES AND THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING
- BASIC may use third party service provider for serving ads on our behalf over the internet and perhaps on the site as well. They can collect anonymous information regarding your visits to website and interaction with our services and products. They can also utilize details about your visits to our website or other sites for targeted advertisements of services and goods. This anonymous data is taken from use of pixel tag that is industry standard technology utilized by many major websites. None information that is personally identifiable is used or gathered in this process.
- There may be other sites or affiliates linked to BASIC.net. Any personal details you provide to these websites or affiliates are not our property. Such affiliated sites can gave different practises for privacy, and terms and condition, and thus we encourage you to be updated with their privacy policies and other terms when you visit them. There a number of services and products such as loan and credit card by third parties on our website, like lenders, credit card issuers, banks and others.
- Such companies can utilize information (excluding address, email address, name and/or telephone number) regarding your visits to the website for offering advertisements on the site or other third party websites relevant to goods and services which may or may not interest you. If you choose to apply for products and/or services separately or disclose details to such providers, then utilization of your details is governed by their Privacy Policies.
20. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Personal Information: Whenever we obtain your Personal Information, we use security policies and procedures to protect it from unauthorized access or disclosure. To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to our employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company. However, we cannot provide any absolute guarantee of the security of your Personal Information. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any disclosure of data due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond our reasonable control.
- Website Content: The content that you store, post, or transmit on or through the Website, may be accessed by other users, including people that you do not know. We are not responsible for the actions of others. Therefore, you should use care in communicating with other users and only disclose your Personal Information to other users that you know to be trustworthy. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information and we recommend you to choose your password carefully, and keep your password and computer secure by signing out after using our services.
21. REVIEWING AND CHANGING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You can obtain a copy of your personal information and request that we correct errors if any, in the same by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For your protection, you will be required to provide proof of your identity to obtain a copy of your personal information. You may also opt out of receiving promotional communications from BASIC or opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties by emailing us about the same.
- If your personal information changes or if you no longer want to use BASIC Services, you may correct, update or deactivate your personal information and/or your account through the account management screen. If you would like us to deactivate or terminate your account you can also contact us at email@example.com.
- In case of cancellation or deletion of your account, kindly note that certain personal information may be retained by us, wherever required or authorized by applicable law. Please remember any content that has been shared by you or submitted to any third party link provided via the Services may continue to be available to third parties.
- Tell-A-Friend: If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about the Website or the BASIC Services, we may ask you for your friend’s name, phone number and email address. We will automatically send your friend a message inviting him or her to visit the Website. We store this information for the sole purpose of sending this message and tracking the success of our referral program.
- Internet-based Transfers Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process Personal Information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. By providing BASIC with your Personal Information you acknowledge and agree that we may store your Personal Information and transfer it to and from our servers. We endeavor to protect all Personal Information collected through the Website in a safe, confidential and secure manner.
22. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- BASIC Services are intended for users ages 18 and older only. Accordingly, we will not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information from individuals that we know to be under the age of 18. In addition, we will delete any information in our database that we know originates from an individual under the age of 18.
- If enabled, we may place cookies on your machine that store small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to any of the pages of our Website. Cookies are small electronic files that collect information when someone visits a website. They can identify the pages that are being viewed and this can assist us in tracking which of our features appeal the most to you and what content you may have viewed on past visits. Some cookies only exist whilst viewers are online, but ‘persistent’ cookies are not session-based and remain on the viewer’s computer. When you visit this Website again, ‘persistent’ cookies can enable us to customize our content according to your preferences.
- Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by us and our partners like banking and financial entities, affiliates, or analytics or service providers use technologies such as google Ad sense, google analytics etc. These technologies are used in analysing trends, administering the Website, tracking users’ movements around the Website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
- BASIC is not responsible for cookies placed in the device of user/s by any other website and information collected thereto.
24. TESTIMONIALS, BLOGS AND OTHER FORUMS ON BASIC WEBSITE
- With your consent BASIC may post your testimonial along with your name. If you want your testimonial removed please contact BASIC at support@BASIC.com.
- If you use a blog or other public forum on Website, any information you submit there can be read, collected or used by other users and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. BASIC is not responsible for the Personal Information you choose to submit in these forums.
- We can use third party service providers for providing you our services. We can ensure such parties to maintain confidentiality of information provided to them as per stated in our contracts. Access to your personal identifiable details and account information are restricted strictly and to be utilized in accordance to specific internal processes for operation, development or improvement of our services.
- We limit use and collection of your personal information, but may make aggregate or anonymous personal information or/and disclose these data only in manner that is non-personally identifiable. The data will not identify you individually.
26. CYBER SECURITY
BASIC can employ appropriate organizational or technical security measures at any time in order to safeguard information collected from you. We can use multiple electronic, physical security and procedural measures to protect against unlawful or unauthorized alteration or use of details, and against any destruction, damage, or accidental loss, to information. No method of electronic storage or transmission on the internet, however, is hundred percent secure. Thus, we cannot guarantee an absolute security. You are also responsible to maintain security and confidentiality of your password and login id, as we will not give these credentials with unrelated third parties.
27. LOG FILES
BASIC uses log files, in which the details can include browser type, internet protocol (IP), referring/exit pages, date/stamp, platform type, internet service provider (ISP), number of clicks to analyze trends, track user’s movement in aggregate, administer the site, and collect broad demographic data for aggregate use. We can do this to improve our offered services or improve marketing, site functionality or analytics. We may collate these automatically from collected log information with other details we collect from or about you.
29. HOW TO CONTACT BASIC
30. GRIEVANCE OFFICER